1) Big Little Lies,$9.79 for Kindle version on Amazon– I read this one for my Book Club. It’s authored by the same woman who wrote the Husband’s Secret and it’s definitely a quick read and a page turner. I love all of Liane’s books and there’s always some surprise twist or piece of the plot that keeps you intrigued until the end and this book doesn’t let down.
2) The Girl on the Train, $6.99 (on sale!) for the Kindle version on Amazon– If you haven’t read it yet, you’ve undoubtablyheard about it. I read The Girl on the Train over the winter and it’s a thriller I can’t help but compare to Gone Girl.
3) All the Light We Cannot See, $13.99 for the Kindle version on Amazon – this one is on my list to read as I had a friend recommend it. Here’s the descrip from Amazon:instantNew York Timesbestseller about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II.
4.) The Nightingale, $8.99 for the Kindle version on Amazon – haven’t read this one yet but it’s on my list and is on the top 10 most downloaded books on Amazon right now. With customer ratings of 5 out of 5 stars, I’m thinking it’s a good one! The plot is set in France during WWII.
5.) The Girl You Left Behind, $7.99 for the Kindle version on Amazon – This is another one set in France, only it’s WWI and it’s another love & loss story! I read Me Before You by the same author last year and loved it so I have this on my summer list too, especially considering that several friends have recommended it.
6.) The Winter People, $9.52 for the Kindle version on Amazon – I was stuck in O’Hare for like five hours last month while waiting for a flight and spent a bunch of time in the bookstore. This book was listed as one of the bookstore employee’s picks and I was curious enough to download it to my Kindle. It wasn’t my typical read – it has a supernatural theme to it which I thought would be my normal genre but this wasabout ghosts and it was freaky! I powered through and enjoyed the divination from the usual. This book surprised me on a number of occasions too.
7. What She Left Behind, $7.99 for the Kindle version on Amazon– A friend recommended this one to me and it’s on my summer list.
8. The Kind Worth Killing, $12.99 for the Kindle version-When I asked readers what book they recommended for the summer, this book was talked about by more than one person! Amazon claims if you read the Girl on the Train and if you loved it, this is the next book you should read.
10. Elsewhere, by Gabrielle Zevin, $7.09 for the Kindle version– here’s a description of this one from Amazon:
Welcome to Elsewhere. It is warm, with a breeze, and the beaches are marvelous. It’s quiet and peaceful. You can’t get sick or any older. Curious to see new paintings by Picasso? Swing by one of Elsewhere’s museums. Need to talk to someone about your problems? Stop by Marilyn Monroe’s psychiatric practice.
Elsewhere is where fifteen-year-old Liz Hall ends up, after she has died. It is a place so like Earth, yet completely different.