I’m 34 weeks pregnant with my third child and it’s time to make sure I’m ready for my third hospital stay! My first child came ten days early and I wasn’t ready, so I made it a priority to pack last week. Most of it is packed in a huge tote from Destination Maternity ($34.99), designed by Heidi Klum – unfortunately no longer available on their site. The exclusive tote bag, printed in Heidi’s hand-painted signature floral, includes items that Heidi picked herself, including: black cozy socks, a hair scrunchy–also printed in heidi’s signature floral, toothbrush/toothpaste and a congratulatory tee, awarding you with a gold medal exclaiming, ”
I did it”. The bag also contains a hand-written letter and checklist from Heidi of what she suggests to also pack in your hospital bag.
I added to her suggestions with the following items (cause I’m not a supermodel, but a product reviewer):
- Luna Lullaby’s Bosom Buddy Nursing Pillow – in my opinion, this is the BEST. NURSING.PILLOW EVER!
- Hat for the baby, aden & anais muslin swaddling blanket – click here to see my recent review, outfit for baby to go home in (provided by my mother)
- 1 bottle of Mamatini – a great-tasting, doctor-designed organic herbal tea bottled drink for nursing moms. Get free shipping on your first order with promo code SHIPFREE.
- Gownies Hospital Gown – click here for my recent review
- Aimee Nursing Nightgown (which I reviewed for another site 2 1/2 years ago. Such a great nursing nightgown and it’s sexy too!)
- Motherhood Maternity Nursing Nightgown and robe – Faux wrap style, print no longer available, but here’s a similar nightgown and robe ($24.99).
- Fuzzy slippers
- Binsi Labor and Birth Apparel’s Go Go Top ($38) – snaps open on the side, perfect for wearing under a hospital gown or nightgown. Click here to see my original review, from 2007.
- Bravado Original Nursing Bra in Double Plus ($35) – I sleep in one of these every night, pregnant or not.
- Underwear (still in larger size from Target and Motherhood Maternity) – pre-preg underwear will happen, just not yet.
- Sensitive baby wipes (can’t stand the dry wipes they have in the hospital)
- Changing Pad (from Ju Ju Be’s Be Light Diaper Bag, click here to read my review from last summer)
- Small tubes of Triple Paste and Aquaphor.
- NUK Pacifiers and pacifier clips – click here for my recent review
- Toiletries for me
- Toiletries for baby – sensitive skin baby wash, washcloths,
- Outfit for me to go home in (Sleeveless Pull Over Double Opening Nursing Tank ($16.98) from Motherhood Maternity and maternity capris – do not think you’ll be wearing pre-pregnancy clothes home from the hospital. Don’t even pack maternity jeans).
- Small gifts for my4 1/2 year old son and 2 1/2 year old daughter
Disclosure: For this pregnancy series, thank you to Luna Lullaby for providing the Bosom Buddy, Baby Be Mine for providing the Gownies Hospital Gown, Mamatini for providing a sample of their Mamatini tea, NUK USA for providing pacifiers and a pacifier clip. Everything from Motherhood Maternity was purchased by myself, except Heidi Klum’s Tote, which was provided by Destination Maternity. Items reviewed previously have been linked to past reviews.