So Quaker asked what 5 small steps I’m taking toward a healthier lifestyle in the new year. I had to think about it because it’s not like I made a bulleted list when the new year started, but I did realize that I do have some changes I’ve made and hope to continue through the new year. They are:
1) A 10-mile run. This week, I signed up to run the longest run I’ve ever done: the Broad Street 10 Mile Race here in Philadelphia. It’s a big deal here in Philly and while I’ve been running for years, I’ve never had a goal and I decided I needed one. Broad Street will be my running goal for the year.
2) Chill out. I’m a spaz, no doubt about it. I talk fast, I type fast, everything I do is in a big hurry. I’m hoping I can take a deep breath and slow things down this year. It’s hard! But I’m making a conscious effort with little things – just talking – to slow it down.
3) A cleaner house. I’ve been pretty good since early January hit to just take a few minutes each day to clean up a little better. It’s amazing what just 5 additional minutes focused on cleaning can do for your house!
4) Meal planning. I’m trying to get more organized with our family meals. I find I spend less at the grocery store and we eat healthier if I plan ahead!
5) Healthier snacks. I want the quick snack I grab when I’m on the run to be a healthy one! Thankfully there are great options on the market these days for healthy and delicious snacks, right?
Quaker® Quakes® are now Quaker® PoppedTM – a new name for the snack made with the delicious goodness of whole grain brown rice and corn and a great snacking solution.
Reply below for your chance to win a sample of all 14 flavors of Quaker Popped Rice Snacks and $1,000 gift card to help you achieve your New Year’s resolutions.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Quaker. I received product in conjunction with this post. The opinions and text are all mine. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. See Official Sweepstakes Rules