I’m still mourning the end of summer a little but fall at least has some nice perks that make it so I’m not totally mopey about the cooler air. Apple cider, S’mores, jeans & boots are some of my favorite fall goodies… but another staple I only recently embraced again after a couple of days of pouring rain, soup! There’s nothing better than a nice warm cup of soup on a cool fall day.
Before I dive into this round-up of 9 delicious looking soups, I will admit that Panera’s Autumn Squash Soup is my absolute favorite. I could literally eat that every day until spring hits again.
So… I went to put together a nice list of comfort fall soups and it’s only fitting I begin with…
1) Copycat Panera Squash Soup! From Mommies with Style last year, a contributor shared this tasty recipe.
2) Susannah’s Kitchen is responsible for this classic Tomato Basil Soup recipe. Nothing beats having a grilled cheese sandwich to dip into a bowl of this!
3) White Chicken Chili from Cooking Classy – Sunday afternoon football comfort food!
4) Bourbon Sweet Potato Bisque with Brown Butter Cinnamon Croutons from how sweet it is – anything with Bourbon and croutons… yum.
5) Smoked Gruyere Butternut Soup with Spicy Chickpeas – also from how sweet it is
6) Greek Lemon Chicken Soup from A Spicy Perspective – chicken soup’s year round and I definitely won’t turn it down anytime!
7) Beer & Cheddar Apple Bear Soup from Half-Baked Harvest
8) Thai Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup from Host the Toast
9) Cream of Sweet Potato Apple Soup from Whole & Heavenly Oven