I’ve had to start thinking about Back to School shopping earlier than I had planned — since I’m having a baby any day and my oldest child enters Kindergarten in September. When I was offered a chance to shop at Staples for Back to School, I jumped at it. This week, they have some really fantastic things on sale, plus a $5 off of a $50 purchase and clip and save coupons. I love that the weekly ad is online, so I was able to plan out what I was going to buy.
Some of the Back To School deals I scored at Staples are
- Crayola Washable Markers for $2
- Filler Paper – 120 sheets of 8 by 10 1/2 for 1¢ (available only through this Wednesday)
- Multipurpose Computer Paper – 500 Sheets, 96 bright for $1 (rebate – you’ll get $3.99 back) – this is valid til Aug 14
- Staples Stickies Notes – 1-3/8″ x 1-7/8″, 100 sheets per pad – FREE after rebate ($5.29)
- Pencil Pouch for $2
- Scotch Pop- Up Desk Grip Tape Dispenser – FREE after rebate ($3)
- Pentel Ultraslim pen-style retractable highlighter – FREE after Rebate
- in assorted colors: fluorescent yellow, fluorescent pink, fluorescent orange, fluorescent blue
- Expo 8 by 11 double sided white board for $2 (which will be great for practicing writing with my child at home).
They’re also offering between 25 and 50% off backpacks and lunch packs. I also found these great folders for my son, with the fasteners inside. At $1.99, they were a little more than I wanted to spend, but they are durable and will last the school year. As a customer, I also appreciate Staples Price Match Guarantee — which states “if you find a lower price anywhere else on a new identical item, just show us the lower price when you buy the item at Staples and we will match the price, or within 14 days of your Staples purchase and we will give you the difference.”
Tip – try to get the flyer mailed to your house or included in your weekly paper — when I went the Staples, they had the deals, but not the $5 off coupon. I loved that you can do the rebates online, or simply fill out the rebate form on the bottom of the receipt and mail it in.
In the 6 years I was an elementary school teacher, I always shopped at Staples, because they made it a point to be good to teachers, with teaching supplies and a Teacher Appreciation Day. I also liked that they were offering 20% off teaching supplies (I picked up some things because I will be subbing this year, but going back full time next year). Got to Staples.com/teacherday to find out the next Teacher Appreciation Day.
A $50 Gift card was provided by MomSelect and Staples. This review contains my own opinions.