Mommies with Style

Welcome to the Mommies with Style discussion boards, the community spot for stylish Moms to meet and chat.

Water Party for Kids of all Ages

Planning a party? Hosting a dinner? Share and talk about all your entertaining ideas here - from Thanksgiving dinner to baby showers to 1 year old birthday parties.

Moderator: Jen516

Water Party for Kids of all Ages

Postby bluedeb3369 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:04 pm

I am throwing a water party(we don't have a pool, so we're making due) for my kids and their friends this sat. I just wanted to make sure I have it covered, and could use any other ideas. We are having several "little" pools for little ones, and with one we're going to put our Little Tykes slide into so the the older ones can have some fun too. We have a slip 'n slide and have water balloons. I got a pinata and am doing 2 crafts after the water fun. The decorate a frame that I did for my ds K class a few months ago, and I bought a ton of beads and lanyard kits so the kids can make their own keychains, necklaces, bracelets, etc. We are serving hot dogs/hamburgers, guacamole and chips, drinks, and ice cream sundaes for dessert. Am I missing anything? Can you think of any more fun water related activites? Thanks!
bluedeb3369

Postby sem » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:04 pm

What a cute idea! Sounds like you covered it all! Have fun!
www.sarahmasci.com

-----------------------------------------------
Sarah
Colin, Alex & Harrison's mom
sem

Postby jane0044 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:57 pm

I'm so bummed we are missing it :( It sounds like you have great activities planned. Only suggestion I would have is to maybe add a fruit to the menu? Just because it is so hot out nowadays. Other than that, sounds like everyone will have a blast. Fun fun!
Jane
jane0044

Postby Allison » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:33 pm

How about giving the kids some sponges to play with. They could see who could fill up a bucket the fastest by squeezing the water out of the sponge. My second graders love this as a relay too. Just watch the sponges--didn't someone have an icky sponge/nose story awhile back?? :shock:
Mommy to Ella
Allison

Postby bluedeb3369 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:10 am

Ahh, great ideas.

watermelon has been added to the menu. and that sponge idea is great. I will try and incorporate that as well.

thanks!
bluedeb3369

Return to Entertaining & Party Planning