My family and I just returned from Jamaica on Friday. We had an awesome and smooth trip, and a large reason why is due to the Joovy Caboose Ultralight that we brought along.
A little background first…
My boys are 5 and 2 1/2. We rarely use strollers anymore, however, I knew I would need to bring something on a trip involving airports, lots of walking, and general travel. When I learned that I had the chance to try out the Joovy, I figured, “why not!,” not truly realizing how fabulous this stroller is and how perfect it was for us and for our trip.
Now a bit on why this stroller is so amazing!
Our Joovy Caboose Ultralight allowed our two boys to comfortably sit throughout our travels. My younger son Jonah (2 1/2) sat in the two-position front seat and my older son Jacob (5) alternated between sitting in the padded, adjustable rear seat and standing. Jacob, who is a very tall child, had no problem using the back seat/standing. (The stroller accommodates kids 6 months through 45 lbs.) Jonah, who never really napped in a stroller previously, enjoyed the Joovy so much that every day around 2pm he asked to get in and take a walk to take a nap. Every single day of our trip Jonah napped in t he Joovy for over 2 hours! (See why the Joovy was so important to the success of our trip?!) He also enjoyed keeping his cup and snack in the child tray and cup holder.
I also really loved using this stroller:
- First of all, it was a pleasure to steer. I am not going to slam any other stroller manufacturers, but I have been using another tandem stroller for 2 years and will not be using it again after my experience with the Joovy. My now-former not-to-be-named stroller was too hard to push with both kids in it, and much heavier and more cumbersome than the Joovy. The Joovy, however, has these amazing swivel “smooth-glide” wheels which make it a pleasure to push.
- It also has a large, awesome basket (which sometimes you lose on a double) and comes with a neoprene parent organizer! (How awesome is THAT?!) The parent organizer holds water bottles, cell phones, keys, iPods, credit cards and money, and more. We stuffed our sunscreen, room key, and some water bottles in it each day and were off!
- I also loved that it was extremely easy to fold up and was very light weight. We were able to easily store it in our hotel room (which was not huge) and even got compliments throughout our trip from other parents on how nice and compact the Joovy folded.
- A huge bonus for me and my family was the large sun visor/canopy. With a red-headed fair-skinned child in the Caribbean, we were definitely concerned about burning. But the Joovy’s huge canopy easily covered him and also covered part of my older son in the rear seat.
- Finally, the Joovy is a really nice looking stroller. Not that I am vain or anything 😉 but as far as the typical Sit and Stand goes, I think the Joovy is really attractive. And I love that it comes in a ton of great color choices. We had the bright and fun Sunset color, but also available are Sage, Black, Brownie, Blueberry, Orangetree, and Greenie.
One feature th at I did not use but that is fabulous should you have a little one in an infant carrier is the universal car seat adapter. This easy-to-install adapter accepts most major brands and allows you to safely and easily tote around your newborn or infant along with your older child.
Really, I could go on and on about this stroller. It is my new favorite must-have for parents of two little ones. I’m not sure why it took me so long to experience the Joovy Caboose Ultralight, but I will certainly be using it all of the time now… and I highly recommend it to you if you have (or are expecting) 2 young children.
Thanks to Joovy for donating the Caboose Ultralight!