You guys – this sounds so easy, I am really excited to try this! The following recipe comes from a Mommies with Style Contributor. I love using Essential Oils but mainly use them as diffuser scents.
I have been wanting to get more ambitious and start using them in other household items and this recipe for hand soap sounds like a great next step.
Here’s a picture of the items she used in this DIY recipe:
I’m guessing if you can’t find the Castille Soap, that any unscented and natural soap you find at the store would work. Going to try this soon! With a reusable bottle, I bet this would save money long term too. If you want to order online and not hit up your local store, here’s some links to make it easy: reusable foaming dispenser, Castille Soap and Almond Oil.
- Items Needed:
- 1 foaming soap container
- 2 tbsp. Castille Soap Dr. Bonners unscented works great!
- 1 tsp. Almond oil
- 10-15 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 5 drops Lemon essential oil (you could also use Wild Orange)
- Pour castile soap and Almond Oil into a foaming soap container
- Add Essential Oils
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water, leaving room at the top for the foaming pump.
- Secure the top back on the pump top and shake gently.
- Pump desired amount into hands and wash with warm water.