A few weeks ago, I wrote about visiting Staples for the Top Tech Gifts for the Holiday Season Event (click here to read post), when I could not stop staring at the Flip Video Cameras. My husband and I take so many pictures of our kids, but we’ve really slacked off with video — basically because I can’t really work our video camera. Staples provided a Flip Ultra HD Camera ($189, on sale for $179), so we could test out how simple it was to use.
Set up was easy, put the rechargeable battery in (you can also put 3 standard AAA batteries in to power it). Then flip open the USB arm and plug into your computer to charge the battery for 4 hours. The camera has to be turned on to charge. Then set up your preferences — language, date, time, tones, recording light…etc.. Then turn it on and start recording your videos — my first subject was my 4 month old baby. Playback was simple too – check it on the Flip Camera or plug the USB arm back into the computer. I have a MacBook Pro and whenever I plugged the Flip in, iPhoto came up and it imported instantly.
Check out my first video!
- Easy-to-use, slim, pocket-sized camcorder featuring one-touch recording
- Large, 2″ anti-glare color display
- 8GB of built-in memory allows for shooting up to 2 hours of stunning HD video (720p / 60fps)
- Flip-out USB arm connects directly into your PC or Mac and can automatically launch pre-loaded FlipShare™ software
- FlipShare™ software designed to organize and edit your videos, capture photos, send video greeting cards and create custom movies
- Share videos privately using FlipShare’s attachment-free email or by creating Flip Channels; post publicly with direct video shares to Facebook™, YouTube™ and Twitter™
- Simple, 8 button user interface
- Watch your videos on your HDTV through the Flip Video HDMI™ Mini Cable
- Records high-quality H.264 videos that are compatible with most video-playing applications, including Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player and iTunes
- 1 year limited warranty
Thank you to Staples for providing the Flip Video Camera.