CONTEST NOW CLOSED
My kids ask great questions. They tell lots of stories. Have something to say about everything. This is all adorable and wonderful, but on a 7-hour car ride, it can definitively leave you pining for a little bit of silence. Since my husband and I are still driving our pre-kid car (read: no built-in DVD player or nearly enough cupholders), this leaves us with bringing along a portable DVD for long car trips.
Recently we had the chance to try out a new portable Blu-ray/DVD player from Best Buy: the Philips 9″ Widescreen Portable Blu-ray Disc Player with Dual Screen.
The name is long but so are the list of cool features.
• Dual 9″ screens. In this case, size does matter. You’ll notice the difference between this 9″ screen and other 7″ ones.
• LCD widescreen display. Crystal clear images. No cropping.
• Multiple playback formats. Blu-ray Disc, DVD, DivX, MP4, H.264, FLV, MOV, WMV – whatever your media format, this DVD can probably play it.
• Fewer cords. The car adapter cord splits to power both screens, and there is only one additional AV cord between the two screen. I’ve used a number of portable DVD players over the past few years and I can tell you that the fewer cords, the better.
• Multiple ways to power. Car adapter, rechargeable battery pack and AC adapter. Choose the power method that works best for your situation. [One note: the car adapter powers both screens while the AC adapter only powers a single screen. This likely won’t be an issue for you, but with more and more cars coming with outlets and more and more devices jockeying for power just something to keep in mind.]
• Remote. I’m a huge fan of anything that keeps me from contorting my body into the backseat while we’re driving.
• Saves your place. Dinner stop? No problem! The Philips DVD player picks right back up where the movie left off.
We’re about to leave town again for our fourth trip with the Philips 9″ Widescreen Portable Blu-ray Disc Player with Dual Screen and so far, it’s performed flawlessly. There is plenty of time for talking, singing, joke-telling and questions, but thanks to Philips, we’re also guaranteed some silence too.
This Philips 9″ Portable Blu-ray Disc Player is definitely a top-of-the-line system (FYI – Check Best Buy for current sales as well as the details on their 6-month financing option), but Best Buy also offers a number of other portable DVD players choices. Whether your summer travels take you by car, plane or train, keep the kids happy and acquire some much needed silence with Philips and Best Buy.
CONTEST NOW CLOSED
WIN! Want to score a Philips 9″ Widescreen Portable Blu-ray Disc Player with Dual Screen of your own? Best Buy is giving away one complete system to one lucky MWS reader. To enter, visit Best Buy and leave a comment below with your favorite feature about the Philips system. Then, earn one additional entry for each of the following (be sure to come back here and leave us a comment that you did):
1) “Liking” Best Buy on Facebook
2) Following Best Buy on Twitter @BestBuy
3) “Liking” MWS on Facebook
4) Following MWS on Twitter @WhitneyMWS
5) Follow me on Twitter! @katebayless
Entries must be received by Tuesday, July 5th at 11:59pm PST. One winner will be chosen by random.org and notified by email. Winner must reside in the US only! PO boxes ok. Good luck!