It’s that time of year again! Time to shop for Halloween costumes. (Unless you’re the crafty make it yourself type, which I know I’m not.) Costumes can get expensive so I have a great giveaway for one lucky winner.
PromotionalCodes.com is sponsoring a giveaway for us – one lucky Mommies with Style winner can enter to win a $100 gift card to HalloweenExpress.com. That should be enough to cover a couple of kids Halloween costumes! Woo!
Budget-Friendly Tips for cutting halloween costume costs
We’ll spend a frightful amount of money on Halloween this year: $6.86 billion. From costumes to colorful cosmetics, candy, decorations and more, costs quickly add up when prepping for the big night. This year, don’t get tricked out of funds and treat yourself to monster savings. Get creative and take advantage of limited time online offers for the best savings!
Here are a few tips to keep savings on your side:
1. Browse your closet for costume creations. Old clothes and even curtains and sheets can be transformed into festive attire. Unworn shirts can be cut up for a sash or vest, a bridesmaids dress makes a great princess or harem girl costume and an oversized orange sweatshirt is the perfect pumpkin for your child. Also browse the internet for DYI ideas—the key is creativity.
2. Search thrift stores for inexpensive costumes and accessories. Buying old clothes saves money and also helps green-up the environment. Don’t forget to look for used costumes on the Internet at Craigslist or eBay.
3. Use online coupons for costume savings. Sites like PromotionalCodes.com and CouponWinner.com offer hundreds of money-saving coupons for costumes, decorations, accessories, candy and more. These sites have special Halloween categories that are currently featuring promotional codes for 15, 30, and 40 percent off Halloween costumes and accessories, including special discounts from Halloween Express.
4. Organize a costume swap. Get your friends together and trade children and adult costumes. Or you could do this within your neighborhood or office. Others will love your money-saving idea, plus you’ll probably get a free costume!
5. Buy next year’s costume at extremely discounted prices after Halloween. Start saving for next year now and shop after the haunting celebration to score anywhere from 60 to 80 percent off costumes and accessories.
To enter the giveaway, comment below and tell us about yours (and your kids) Halloween plans this year! One winner will be selected at random after October 11th.
– Tweet about this contest! Make sure to @WhitneyMWS so I know you’ve done so. One tweet per day equates to one additional entry each day.
Sample tweet: “I entered to win a $100 gift card at HalloweenExpress.com on Mommies with Style @WhitneyMWS http://bit.ly/qVu3Ej”
- Follow PromotionalCodes.com on Facebook, and tell them Mommies with Style sent you.
– Follow, tweet to @shopsaveshare and include #spookysavings while telling us what you’re dressing up as for Halloween