WINNER ANNOUNCED! Congrats to Ada Miller who won the LeapFrog My Own Story Time Pad! Thanks to all who entered!
Giveaway #3 is here! This time it’s LeapFrog’s new My Own Story Time Pad – an easy-to-use tablet for little LeapFroggers. Perfect for kids 2+ years (though fun for younger kids too), the Story Time Pad is a lightweight tablet that includes stories, songs and activities that can be personalized for your child! Scout, Violet and the other LeapFrog friends educate and entertain as your child learns about letters, phonics, storytelling, music and more.
One of the coolest features of the My Own Story Tim Pad is the ability to personalize a number of the activities. Using LeapFrog’s Connect Application, you can have Scout or Violet say your child’s name, customize parts of stories and songs, and create pretend emails and messages from friends or family members. Toddlers will get a kick out of hearing Scout call them by name, mention their friends and talk about their favorite places.
My Own Story Time Pad comes pre-loaded with 1 story, 1 email, and 3 songs, but by connecting to the LeapFrog Connect Application you can download additional stories and songs (up to 5 stories, 10 songs and 3 emails at a time).
Some of my favorite feature:
- No tablet envy. I love that the tablet looks and feels similar to LeapFrog’s LeapPad tablet and other adult tablets but is geared for younger learners. No more arguing over who gets to use the tablet! With the My Own Story Time Pad, my 3 year old can have a tablet geared just for him.
- No wrong buttons. Whenever I give my kids my phone to play a game, I inevitably find stuff rearrange, reprogrammed or downright missing. One of the great things about the Story Time Pad is that there are no wrong buttons! Kids can press buttons is any order, at any time and the tablet will not delete content, harm the activities or self-destruct. Plus any button they push will likely make a sound, start a new activity or provide some kind of giggle-inducing feedback.
- Durable. LeapFrog makes stuff for kids. Kids that drop stuff. So they’ve made the My Story Time Pad out of durable plastic that can handle the bangs and bumps of life.
- Lightweight. The tablet weighs in at just over 1 lb. and is easy for a child to hold in the car or fit on his lap.
- Multiple volume settings. The Story Time Pad features two volume settings which is nice, but unfortunately no headphone jack which I wish it had.
Visit Leapfrog.com to learn more and purchase a My Own Story Time Pad – available in white or purple for $29.99 (Be sure to sign up for LeapFrog’s emails to hear about great holiday deals and sales too.)
** GIVEAWAY ** Win a My Story Time Pad of your very own! To enter, leave a comment below telling us what tech gadget is on your holiday wishlist. (And be sure to check out Whitney and the other Gift Guide Girls‘ post on innovative, adorable and drool-worthy tech gifts here!) You can earn additional entries by doing any of the following – be sure leave us separate comments to tell us you did! 1) Like LeapFrog or Mommies With Style on Facebook, 2) Follow LeapFrog or MWS on Twitter, 3) Follow me on Twitter, or 4) Tweet about the giveaway with the hashtag #MWSgiveaway. Entries must be received by Monday, December 5th 11:59pm, PST. One winner will be picked via random.org and notified via email. Sorry, no P.O. boxes. US residents only.
MWS was not paid for this review. LeapFrog provided a sample of the product for review.
Kate Bayless is a writer, editor and is hoping Santa brings her a tablet. She has been very good this year. Her work has appeared in Parents, American Baby, Fit Pregnancy, iVillage and other publications. Visit her at www.katebayless.com or @katebayless.