Infant seats have come a long way since my oldest was a baby and it could not get safer than the onBoard™35 infant seat featuring Air Protect™ Side Impact Technology.
Here are some features on the onBoard 35:
- Rear-facing 4-35 pounds and up to 32” in height
- Featuring Air Protect™ revolutionary side impact technology - LEARN MORE
- Immediately reduces side impact forces through the precise release of air
- Extended use from a tiny 4 to a full 35 pounds
- Additional leg room for baby’s comfort
- Customizable insert and low harness slots make the seat ideal for preemies and adjustable for growing babies
- Carry Curve™ Handle features ergonomic design
- Base Belt Lock easily secures your vehicle seat belt during installation
- One Click LATCH installation system
Here’s some important information from Safety1st:
1 in 4 car crashes involving children are side impact collisions. They are by far the deadliest type of collision for children, accounting for 1 in 3 child fatalities; nearly all of which are caused by head trauma. These are frightening facts, but Safety 1sthas been by your side for 25 years providing innovative products to help protect your child from becoming a statistic. It is in this tradition that we proudly announce Air Protect™ side impact technology.
Safety 1st engineers designed Air Protect™ using next generation testing methods that simulate the most violent types of side impact crashes, those with vehicle intrusion. Using this advanced methodology, Air Protect™ was engineered to defend your child in two vital ways. During a crash, the system immediately shields your child’s head from the impact. In a second layer of defense, Air Protect™ allows air to escape from the headrest: channeling crash energy away from your child, creating more ride down time. It is this double layer of protection that makes Air Protect™ technology unique.
Love it. I know if I were putting my baby into an infant carrier today, I’d certainly want a double layer of protection. I’d want to protect my baby any extra way possible.