1996. That was the last year I was an official Mac owner was on what would now be considered an antique when I was in college. My first job out of college put me on a PC and I remember grumbling as I had to learn a whole new system.
17 years later and I’ve finally gone back. I posted on my personal Facebook page that I was thinking of getting a MacBook Air but was looking for opinions. Man, do people have opinions! People get very worked up about their system of choice!
After several days of feedback, I ended up with a souped up MacBook Air. I added some RAM and other goodies to get me the best of what I need to do with this blog and my social media gigs.
A couple of comments after less than 24 hours of use:
1) Mac’s are expensive. Geesh.
2) It’s shiny and sooooo purty. And so light!
3) There’s no right click. I mean, I KNEW there was no right click before I bought it – I’m not stupid. But. THERE’S NO RIGHT CLICK!
4) Everything seems much faster. Could be because I haven’t crapped it up yet with a bunch of nonsense but for now, I’m enjoying the speed.
5) I’m scroll challenged. *edit – I figured out how to turn on the scroll bar so it’s on always – why wouldn’t that be a default? Geesh!
Any tips from your savvy Mac users for quick tricks as I transition?