There’s something just so comforting about a muffin. When I was doing my Whole30, one of the things I craved the whole time were muffins. Warm, cozy comfort food and oh-so-perfect with a warm cup of coffee.
So today I’m sharing an easy one-bowl recipe for quick blueberry muffins – a classic!
- 1½ cups (all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ 1/2 cup milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries (about 1 cup frozen blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt,
- Use a measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup and add vegetable oil, egg and then fill the cup to the 1-cup line with milk (about ⅓ to a ½ cup of milk). Add vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour and sugar then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be pretty thick). Add blueberries and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about full.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes