These are perfect for October and breast cancer awareness month! Check it out.
This recipe will make 2 dozen cookies.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks) at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar + 1/4 cup
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup Wilton white chocolate melts
1/2 cup light pink Wilton chocolate melts
Wilton disposable candy decorating bag
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter and sugar.
5. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on high for 3 to 5 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
6. Adjust the mixer speed to low and add the eggs and vanilla. Using a rubber spatula, be sure to scrape the bowl to get all ingredients Mixed thoroughly.
7. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 30-45 seconds, scraping the bowl if necessary.
8. Add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar into a small bowl.
9. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and roll into the bowl with sugar.
10. Place the sugar-coated dough balls onto the baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
11. Using a drinking glass, press down on each cookie to flatten – about 1/4 inch thick.
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown (oven temps vary).
13. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to completely cool.
14. Place white chocolate melts in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 40 seconds. Stir until completely melted. You may have to continue microwaving at 10 second intervals until melted. Let set for one minute.
15. Frost each cooled sugar cookie with the melted white chocolate. Set aside.
16. Place the light pink chocolate melts into the Wilton decorating bag and twist the bag above the melts.
17. Microwave on defrost setting for one minute. Knead the bag to fully incorporate and melt the pink candy pieces.
18. Continue to microwave and knead at 30 second intervals until the candy is smooth and completely melted.
19. Once melted, snip off the tip of the bag and gently squeeze the melted candy onto each cookie in the shape of a pink ribbon.