2006 was a big one for Mommies with Style – we’ve grown like crazy in the past twelve months, including a relaunch that many people worked hard on. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who makes the site the success that it is, including our team of fabulous writers. They shop and they blog; they keep me going and they keep this site rolling.
As do all of you – our readers and advertisers: so a heartfelt thank you from me to everyone out there for reading (and shopping, of course)! It’s been a great year and we couldn’t have done it without all of you. Here’s to a Happy New Year, hopefully full of great new product reviews, sales and more.
So rather than doing a top ten reviews list, I thought I’d do a closing review with a little spin. Here are my own personal Top Ten most used Mommy/baby/kid products from 2006, in no particular order. These are not necessarily the most stylish products we’re reviewed (although some are) but ones I got the most use out of:
My top-ten most used products in 2006 include:
- Lexie Barnes Darling – I reviewed this one in the fall of 2005, but I’ve used it so much, it had to make this list. My friends joke at how often I change diaper bags (weekly sometimes) but I *always* come back to the Darling. It’s like my staple bag to fall back on. Even with two kids now, I’ve managed to find a way to pack it and make it work. Here’s a link to my old review from 2005, but the code is no longer valid. However, you can use coupon code SAVE15 to get it on the My Little Ducks site for 15% off.
- Uptown Bella Ashley Satchel – technically, this was not one of my most used products. But I have to say, if I were still going to the office every day, or if how many times I wanted to use this counted, this would be it. The Uptown Bella is for the working Mom (as in, working in an office out of the house, because I know we *ALL* work!). I have used my Uptown Bella Ashley Satchel on a number of occassions, and I have to say, I feel all Melanie-Griffith-Working-Girl when I put it on my shoulder – as in, I’m a frumpy Mom turned high-powered by a sleek looking bag! And the organization can’t be beat either. Check out my review from September.
- my Hooter Hider At first I wasn’t sure this one would make it, as I only started using it in November. But seeing as I’ve used it most days since the birth of my son, I figured that had to be a top ten. Here’s a link to my original post – with a still good coupon code.
- “Does this baby make me look fat?” tee – I wore this to death this summer, just because it was comfy and so funny. Can’t tell you guys how many compliments and comments I received wearing it. Check out my original post here.
- my Made by Angie wipes case – it comes with me everywhere and I get tons of compliments on it. How could it not be a top ten most used in that case?! So I can’t find my old review on it as I think it was even 2004, but check out her site and mention MWS for 10% off your purchase.
- Aerobed for Kids – not only did we purchase one of these for “Mom-Mom’s” house in Florida, but we got one for us for trips. And it paid off as in January of 2006, Nate refused to sleep in his crib anymore. (We’re talking wall banging-crib banging hysteria.) He ended up sleeping in the aerobed for almost five months of 2006. Check out my review of this product.
- Pinxav diaper rash cream – Danielle of Celebrity Baby Blog reviewed this one on Mommies with Style at the end of 2005 as well, so I ended up trying some out and have been hooked ever since. My oldest son who is 3 and still wears diapers (and looks 5, so that’s always fun at the public changing table) gets bad diaper rash pretty often. Nothing clears it up the way Pinxav does.
- Baby Jogger City series – I don’t know what we would have done without this stroller at the shore last summer. Nate lived in it – it’s a fantastic stroller. Read my review from March for more.
- Meet the Numbers, Meet the Letters and Meet the Shapes – I can’t believe I almost forgot this one. We rarely watch these anymore but that’s because two of the three DVDs were played so often they no longer work. Not to mention that I may have to bang my head against a wall if I hear the music again. But that’s only because it was so overplayed in our house. And seriously, I can’t complain too much as my son not only *adored* these DVDs but learned his shapes, letters and numbers all within a week or two of watching each. These DVDs are fantastic teaching tools and I have yet to see something better. I’ll be ordering more (to replace the beat up old ones!) once my baby is old enough to understand. I reviewed these back in February, check it out.
- Roomba – I couldn’t live without my Roomba, seriously. It’s like once you get Tivo, you just can’t imagine going back. Ever. (I mean, to actually have to *watch* commercials… or to have to vacuum manually? The horrors!) This was a birthday present from my Mom. I loved it so much, she got me a second one for Christmas for our second floor. I reviewed it back in July. It’s so worth the money.