What happens when shopping and charity collide? Everyone benefits. Such was the case at the Celebrity Baby Yard Sale held by the Bailey Angel Baio Foundation in Los Angeles recently. I had the pleasure of chatting with Scott Baio, who told me a little bit more about the Bailey Baio Angel Foundation. Scott also shared with me what his wife Renee’s favorite forms of retail therapy are and they are much like mine – shoes, handbags and baby clothes. I think many moms can relate!
This event helped out kids with metabolic disorders and was a great place to score a deal and bragging rights to tell people your kids are walking in (pre owned) celeb (toddler) shoes. Several celebrities donated their kid’s hand me downs. The sale included pre owned items autographed by Dennis Quaid and items donated by Kristy Swanson and Samantha Harris.
Not all the goods were used, however, several companies stepped up to contribute to the event, offerring new, premium consumer goods at discount prices. Shoppers left on a retail therapy high and over $16,000 was raised for the cause. A healthy haul!
Companies that sponsored the event with goods and services included:
- StrideRite Donated over 500 paris of adorable baby and toddler shoes from Stride Rite’s own line as well as Saucony and Robeez selections
- Boon Baby accessories
- Graco Assorted baby products
- Mabel’s Labels Loss Prevention Labels
- Engage Environments Fabulous and smart children’s bedding and decor products meant to stand the test of time.
- OohLaLaMama Edgy baby and toddler tees and dresses
- Francie Pants Privacy/Sport Shorts for girls in wild patterns
- Just Add a Kid Tshirts (did custom designs for the event)
- BuckleyBoo Clicky belt wearing stuffies that keep kids busy on the go
- The Jumpitz performed live at the event much to the delight of kids in attendance!