Most of New England is preparing for a big storm to wallop them tonight and tomorrow. Â I’m seeing reports of up to 2 feet up in CT and Boston! Â Here in Philly there’s a big debate among the meteorologists about how much we’ll actually get but either way, it won’t be a surprise if my kids get a snow day tomorrow.
Here’s a couple of quick ideas of things to do tomorrow to prevent us all from climbing the walls:
1) Make Playdough – if you have time run out and get the ingredients you need! Â You may already everything in your house (I never have the Cream of Tartar on hand unless it’s for this). Â My kids still love doing this and playing with it.
3. Kinetic Sand – if you have time yet to go out, grab some of this at your local store – they sell it at Toys R Us, Target and Michaels, to name a few! Â My kids have some and it’s always a hit when this comes out. Â I even enjoy playing with this – there’s something soothing about it. (Pretending I’m at the beach, maybe?) Â Clean up isn’t too bad either – this sand has a very slightly sticker factor so it tends to want to stick together rather than end up in little bits all over.
4. Â Have a Tea Party (with hot chocolate!)
5. Give them some marshmallows and toothpicks. Â Cheapest toy ever and they can build and make fun things.
6. Â Paint with Marbles (source: the Mother Huddle)
7. Â Make paper-cut out snowflakes (source: Martha Stewart)
8. Paint the Snow! (source: Painting a Jeweled Rose
9. Â Have a Car Wash – take your kids Hot Wheels and car toys and let them wash them in the bath with bubbles and soap.
10. Let them Color the Snow – have food coloring in your house? Â Let them use it up outside making fun designs in the snow.