If you’re local to Philly or the Northeast, it may be hard to think about spring today. While we have another Nor’Easter dropping more fun on our heads right now, at Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos, PA, you can rest assured that spring is coming!
Starting March 9, 2018 running through April 15, 2018, Spring-a-palooza at Great Wolf includes some spring booking discounts, colorful decorations, seasonal activities throughout the day.
A highlight this year, for the first time Great Wolf Lodge is partnering with Alexs Lemonade Stand Foundation at all 14 U.S. Great Wolf Lodge locations to generate funds and raise awareness to help end childhood cancer. During Spring-A-Palooza, families can visit a lemonade stand in the Grand Lobby for complimentary lemonade to be enjoyed together picnic-style. Great Wolf Lodge anticipates at least $15,000 will be donated to Alexs Lemonade Stand Foundation through the sale of the keepsake Spring-A- Palooza cups.
A bit of additional info on Spring-A-palooza what else to expect before I tell you about our weekend:
- Spring Cinema: Families can unwind after a fun-filled day and enjoy a family movie in the Grand Lobby.
- Spring Picnic: A time-honored spring tradition gets a Great Wolf twist, as guests can grab a blanket, spread it out on the floor and enjoy an afternoon picnic in the Grand Lobby. Guests can sip complimentary Minute Maid beverage available from the Great Wolf Lodge character-themed Lemonade Stand and playa few rounds of Take A Wiley Guess card game.
- Bubble Dance Party: This special Spring-a-Palooza event fills the Grand Lobby with cascading bubbleswhile Great Wolf Lodges Ambassadors of Fun keep energy-levels high with a family-friendly dance party.
- Spring-a-Palooza Story Time: Great Wolf Lodges nightly Story Time takes on a spring themed tale featuring the Great Wolf Lodge characters called Natural Wonders. Kids are encouraged to wear their favorite jammies to the Grand Lobby for this event and will have the opportunity to meet one of the Great Wolf Lodge characters in person.
- Spring Scavenger Hunts: Great Wolf Lodge features two self-guided scavenger hunts as part of Spring-a- Palooza. The I Spy Spring scavenger hunt will have guests looking high and low in the Grand Lobby to find a dozen hidden objects. The Spring Sprint scavenger hunt has guests solving clues that will take them on a journey throughout the lodge. When all 10 clues are solved, guests are rewarded with a prize.
- Character Themed Flower Gardens: A highlight of the Spring-a-Palooza celebration is the colorful springtime gardens found in the Grand Lobby. The gardens are designed and handcrafted by Pack Members from the resort. The collection of flower pots are inspired by the Great Wolf Lodge characters. Guests are encourage to stroll around the garden and vote for their favorite display.
- Jelly Bean Guessing Game: A gigantic jar filled to the brim with jelly bean candies sits in the Grand Lobby and guests are invited to enter a contest guessing how many delicious treats are within the jar. The guests closest to the correct number without going over will be entered for a chance to win a Great Wolf Lodge Gift Card.
- Spring Themed Crafts: During Spring-a-Palooza, the resorts Ambassadors of Fun will host several spring- inspired craft making events for kids of all ages. Character-themed crafting projects include Olivers Crazy About Bugs Jar, Violets Springtime Noodle Doodle, Brinleys Dont Blow Away Kite and Wileys Can You Spot It Binoculars.
My family had a quick sneak peek last weekend. We were scheduled to head up for two nights but a freak snow storm foiled our plans Friday night making the roads almost impassable. We wisely opted to stay home and drove up Saturday morning. We still had plenty of time to experience all Great Wolf has to offer!
It was our first time at a Great Wolf and while I knew to expect a good time, I really had no idea the vast array of entertainment choices for all ages. You walk in the front door and you certainly don’t have to leave the building until your stay is done and you and no one in your group is ever going to be bored.
Here’s some of the activities you can experience at Great Wolf Lodge:
- The main attraction is the massive water park, which includes several water slides, a wave pool, a lazy river & much more (it’s 79,000 square feet!)
- Glow in the dark mini-golf
- Indoor bowling
- Magiquest – an epic scavenger hunt throughout the lodge that it never ending and very entertaining for all ages
- An arcade
- An outdoor ropes/obstacle course for warmer weather
- An XD theater
- … and much more!
The Magiquest hunt was my guys favorite part. They picked out a wand, customized it with a topper in store at the Lodge, and then went on the hunt! It’s an interactive role-playing game. The lodge has various clues and spots all throughout the entire lodge that the kids have to follow while they do quests and achieve different things. It really keeps them moving — and even better, keeps them busy for hours!
My personal favorite part was the Wine Down service – room delivery for the parents of a bottle of wine and some after dinner food. We opted for a bottle of Pinot Noir and chocolate covered strawberries. This is an awesome service for folks with little ones – they will text you so they don’t knock and wake the kids but you can sit and enjoy a little something extra after the kids are in bed without having to go anywhere!
They really have so much more too that we didn’t even get to but hope to on our next stay. There are daily activities with character meet and greets, dance parties, story times, movie showings and more.
All in all, it’s an awesome family resort and the location for the Poconos Great Wolf Lodge is great – it’s within easy driving for folks in CT, NY, Jersey and PA! Visit this page: Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos, PA to check out the spring discount & to book your stay!
Disclaimer: Great Wolf Lodge hosted us for the weekend. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.