Chances are you’ll be traveling in the next month and a half, and if you have an infant, you know that going anywhere means bringing a whole lot of stuff. From diapers and wipes to stroller and car seat, babies seem to need a heck of a lot – especially if you’re staying overnight. Bjorn would like to make traveling overnight with baby a little easier – or at least a little lighter.
Bjorn’s Travel Crib Light is a lightweight travel crib that makes traveling with and setting up a crib so much simpler. Here’s why you’ll love it:
– only 11 lbs (!) with the carrying case (most traditional portable cribs run in the 25-35lb. range)
– frame sets up in ONE step (two if you count pushing the mattress down) and in about 30 seconds
– folds down to a convenient 19″ x 24″ x 6″
What I love about it:
– no more dealing with locking sides!
– at 11 lbs, I don’t mind being the one to bring the portable crib up all the steps to my in-laws’ house
– the mattress is not bulky, but is plush enough to provide a comfortable cushion
– wider base + mattress on the floor = steady and sturdy (despite being lightweight)
What I don’t love:
– price. $280 is expensive for a portacrib, but you can get many years of use out of it, and since it’s so easy to bring places, you’re more likely to use it
– color selection. I’m glad they recently added silver, but more colors would be nice.
The mesh sides make it a great choice to bring to the park or beach and it’s lightweight frame and easy portability make it perfect for a trip across town for dinner at friends or cross-country for a weekend at the in-laws. The Travel Crib Light can be used with newborns up to about a three-year-old (the mattress size is 24″ x 41″ x 4″). The mattress cover and crib fabric are removable and machine-washable.
Available in blue and the new silver color. Retails for about $280, but at Amazon for $211.
BabyBjorn sent a sample of this product for the review.