My newborn baby girl has been home for a week now, and we have had the chance to use a bunch of different products from our hospital stay throughout our first week at home. I wanted to share some of our favorites with you in a little round-up.
At the hospital:
- A couple of weeks ago I wrote about my excitement over wearing my dearjohnnies designer hospital gown. I had planned to wear the gown while laboring, but my nurse suggested I save it for after I give birth when I have visitors. I ended up going this route and wearing the gown on day two in the hospital, which was a great idea since I looked and felt much nicer and fresher in my new gown than the ugly (and big) hospital gowns. I also got great use of the dearjohnnies robe when I was laboring and afterwards.
- We don’t always think of the dad-to-be when we head to the hospital, but the day you give birth is equally as exciting to them. My husband got to wear Daddy Scrubs while at the hospital as comfortable and cute lounge wear that also celebrated him becoming a dad again. Daddy Scrubs carries a ton of great gifts for an expectant dad, including hats, t-shirts, scrubs, sweatshirts, and a nice book store that has a ton of books for dad and baby. Daddy Scrubs make a great Father’s Day gift idea, too! Enjoy free ground shipping for orders over $40.
- After two boys and my basic gray and black Graco car seat, I was excited to freshen up my carrier with a pretty car seat cover for my daughter. I looked online for the perfect cover, and found it at hipncozy. These covers are gorgeous yet affordable. I splurged and bought not only the car seat cover, but a matching head rest, shoulder strap covers, and blanket. We are definitely in style when heading out!
- I am working diligently at getting my daughter on a schedule. I know it’s hard to do with a newborn, but I am using the Itzbeen, a great little device that keeps track of your last diaper change, fee ding, sleep or awake time, and more. With a simple push of a button, you can keep track of how long “itzbeen” since the last time your child was changed, etc. I love that you can set an alarm if too much time has elapsed. I also like the night light and back-lit features for use at night. What a great product for the first few weeks/months at home!
- My daughter seems to love her paci already. A friend recommended I try WubbaNubs, adorable little critters that permanently hold a soothie pacifier in place. They are so cute, and are really functional in that they keep the paci from falling. My daughter can grab onto the little animal, too, like a little lovey. They have tons of cute little critters to choose from.
More to come in the next couple of weeks with some of the other products I am trying out! Stay tuned!
Thanks to Daddy Scrubs and dearjohnnies for samples to try out. The other products mentioned in this review were purchased. As always, all opinions are my own.